Friday, July 22, 2011

It's Friday!

Finally!  It's here!!  Not sure why I'm so excited, because there's nothing special going on this weekend.  I guess society has trained us to be excited for the weekend.  And that's ok.  My husband will be off work, and I'll get to see him a bit more.  And there's church on Sunday.  That's always a good thing.

I think I'll post a recipe today.  It's easy, and ALWAYS a hit.  You are gonna want to write this one down.  Promise. You can't go wrong.  I can sometimes, but you can't!!   (use the brands listed, others have been tried and aren't true!!)

Ooey Gooey Butter Cake

1 stick of butter, softened
2 eggs
1 box Pillsbury Plus white cake mix

Mix ingredients well; press into greased 9 x 13 pan.

1 large block of Philadelphia brand cream cheese, softened
2 eggs
1 box powdered sugar

Mix well.  No lumps allowed!!  Then pour as top layer. 


Bake at 350 for about 35-40 minutes.  Edges will brown and a very slight crust will begin forming on top.  Bake until golden brown.

No comments: